Monday, December 15, 2014

Feet fitted with the readiness of the gospel of Peace


Jesse and I teach preschoolers for Sunday School and this month we have been sharing about the birth of Jesus. Well last week we talked to them about Mary and Joseph and how the Angel of the Lord appeared with a message that Mary would be carrying God's Son, Jesus. We talked about the Inn, His birth, the manager, and we talked about the Kings. We then talked about the gifts they brought and related it to the true meaning of Christmas. At the end I asked them what gifts they wanted for Christmas. Well one said Mac & Cheese, another said a puppy, and finally one of them said they wanted a toy. I asked Mr. Jesse (as I call him to the kiddos) what he wanted for Christmas and he said he wanted clothes. And then he said Mrs. Krista what do you want for Christmas....... I really didn't have an answer and what is funny is I knew if I asked him the question that he was going to ask me the question. What do I want for Christmas?? Hmmm.... Then one of our preschoolers said you want a baby.....Wow she was right. I do want a baby and immediately tears welled up in my eyes and I said Yes I do want a baby for Christmas.


What is Peace to me? Well I always think of peace when I think of Silent Night. This song reminds me to be calm, to be still, and to be the light as God is the light. John 14:27 says "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." Psalm 46:10 says "Be still and know that I am God." These verses always give me a sense of calmness and I can feel the Holy Spirit wrapping His arms around me. So as I was reminded that day in Sunday School of my hearts most deepest desire, I was also reminded of God's peace within me. As Christ adopted me 20 years ago He even at that time was wrapping His arms around me. He loved me before I knew who He was, He shielded me from harm, and He took away all of my fear. You see God has shown me over these past 20 years what it is to be a parent. I have already began loving this little one before I even know them, I will shield them from all harm, and I will let them know to never be afraid.


Silent night, holy night, all is calm, all is bright. Round yon Virgin, Mother and Child. Holy infant so tender and mild, Sleep in heavenly peace, Sleep in heavenly peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment