Sunday, January 25, 2015

Time passes, but my Feet remain still

Tick tock... tick tock... tick tock... Do you hear that? Tick tock... tick tock... tick tock... Time is something that I have mixed feelings about. I feel like I do not have enough time to do everything I want or need to do. And I feel like some things just take forever.

Remember when you were a kid and you did not know the concept of time. You would ask your mother are we there yet? How much longer? Can we leave yet? I remember her response to be...in a minute, about a half hour more, or maybe the words...before long. What does this stuff really mean to a child? I also remember that time seem to take forever and that I was just so bored.

Now that I am an adult I do not have enough time. The alarm goes off too quickly, I can't seem to get anywhere in under 20 minutes, and I should be saying No I have something on my calendar instead of sure we are free that night. My mom is always saying yall are busy bodies who never have time for yourselves. Yes she is so true. I like to be busy, I like to feel accomplished, and I love to say Yes we are available and free and I try to make it work if possible. But if I am being honest here I really like to stay busy to keep my mind for wandering on this baby. 

We have been approved to adopt for 9 months now. I have been thinking about time and what could have been accomplished in 9 months. 

  • Your hair could grow 4.5 inches
  • Walking 2 mph/10 hours a day you can walk all over America and back
  • Your income could be $24,000 based on the average income 
  • Losing 1-2 lbs a week you could lose almost 60 pounds
  • You could be halfway through an Associates Degree at a technical college
  • You could win the Stanley Cup (from preseason through the playoffs)
  • With 8 hours of sleep a night you could roughly sleep 90 days
  • You could attend 39-42 Church services
  • You could have conceived, carried, and delivered a baby.
Yes the last one could have been us if we naturally conceived a baby. You may ask me how does this make me feel? How are you passing the time? Are you still hanging in there? Ecclesiastes 3:1-11 gives me the peace and understanding that God makes all things beautiful in His time. 


So you know what... my time is limited. I am booked, busy, and waiting for this little one. But God's timing is perfect, abundant, and freely given. Psalm 37:4 tells us to delight yourself in the LORD and He will give you the desires of your heart. And I am reminded in 1 Samuel that Hannah cried out to the Lord for a child and God answered her prayers. It is about His timing and not of my own. I got this, I can wait, the timer is shut off, and my watch is broken. Time is standing still and God is running the clock.



1 comment:

  1. Love this! My hubby and I have been waiting almost 2 years for baby #2. I needed this reminder!

    ReplyDelete