Thursday, July 3, 2014

"Walking with Clay Feet"



When I was a kid I loved talking on the phone with my friends or really anyone who had a phone. I remember standing hours in the kitchen just talking to my girlfriends about nothing really. I remember the cord that could wrap around my entire house that usually took me at least ten minutes every time to unravel. I remember when we got our first cordless phone and that antenna that would reach to the sky. I also remember my parents buying me my own phone line and sadly I remember that old phone number.

 
I remember my first cell phone and how large it was. I remember going over my minutes and trying to make my own payments before they shut it off. I remember receiving my first text message and trying to figure out what the huge envelope was on my screen. I remember my first Smartphone it was a BlackBerry, that rolling ball always would get stuck. I remember receiving my first email message and updating my Facebook status on my new iPhone. I remember all the times I thought to call someone but sent them a text or email instead. I remember my first Face Time experience and I remember that it was with my Daddy who had an iPhone before me and he was helping me learn all the details.

I love to Skype with my buddy.
You know what I am talking about. We love our phones. We would be lost without our phones. Our calendars, our photos, our Bible, our weather update, and our address books. If someone stole my phone it is like stealing my identity. I would find myself asking the questions... wait who am I? and who are you? Are we really this helpless?

Today I feel like the only phone calls I receive are from politicians. Every time my phone rings I immediately have this sense of relief, hope, and a little fear. It could be about my baby. So I answer the phone, take a deep breath, and say Hello. Thoughts begin running a mile a minute ...Could this be it? Could I have been chosen? Is my baby coming home? Nope, not this time.. Someone is running for State Representative or someone has opened an account and they need my credit card information in order to close it. Really telephone... we have been through alot together over these past years. Can you please be a call about my baby?

One day we will look back at this blog and laugh because I am sure we will receive hundreds of texts, many voicemails, several phone calls, a few Face Time Calls (most will be by accident), and a million notifications before that call comes through. I am ready for the wait, I got this. You can do it.


Psalm 27:14- Wait for the Lord; be strong, 
and let your heart take courage; 
wait for the LORD!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely true! Thank you for this post

    ReplyDelete