Wednesday, July 9, 2014

how beautiful are the "Feet" of those who bring good news


Divine appointments are what I want to put on my calendar, but how can I know when God is going to ask me to share about Him and to share my story. I wish I had a little bit of warning when I am called to talk to others about my faith. I mean I have no problem talking and even talking on the phone. But if only I knew what God had planned when I talk to others. 

Well this week I have had numerous divine appointments and looking back at the journey on how God led me to that exact place and exact time is nothing but a miracle from Him. I mean I hit every red light, someone stopped me in the hall, and I didn't have time but I needed gas. If those times would have went just even a slight different then I would not have had that appointment. It wasn't on my calendar and I wasn't prepared. Well I didn't think I was prepared, but God used me. 

A few weeks ago I made a commitment to begin a journey through daily Bible reading. It is really amazing what God can reveal through His word. Romans 15:4 says "For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope." 

Well...I have confession, I have been a Christian for almost 17 years and I probably own about 15 personal Bibles not to count the Bible app on my phone, the internet Bibles, and the Gideon Bibles that I carry around in my purse. I have access to God's word and I take it for granted. I was not reading my Bible like I should. There are countries where people are persecuted because of their faith. People are hiding their Bibles so they will not be killed or they are not hiding their Bibles because they want others to know about God. These people want and crave the knowledge of God. I know that God is calling me to crave His knowledge. I am there, but I need help. Please be in prayer for me.

God has been leading me to read Paul's letters. Today I read 1 Corinthians Chapter 15 and this is the verse that speaks volumes to me. 58 Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

So throw out those divine appointment calendars and open up God's word. When those opportunities arise you will know it, God will use you, be obedient, and share your story because how beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news.

The Ezra Project messages inspire people and church families to recommit to reading, doing, and sharing of God's Word.


No comments:

Post a Comment