Monday, January 16, 2017

when the road gets tough, don't quit just change your "shoes"

My New Year's Resolution is to write more this year. To be honest, I do not feel equipped to be a writer and you know that is ok. I find it so easy to write once I sit down at my computer and allow God to use me to portray whatever He would want to me say. The focus of my blogs this year will reveal many parts of my life and I know many of you are tuning in to learn more about the healthy aspects but there is more to life than just eating. There is a spiritual aspect, mental…work life…learning…social… I could go on an on about the many aspects that make us balanced and whole. But ultimately I want to talk about Happiness. What does that mean? How can we gain it from all of these aspects? I hope you continue to follow me throughout this year as I seek to find complete and balanced happiness in all that I do.


I looked at my calendar this morning and realized today is January 16th. What does that mean? Today the first half of the month has already gone. Many of us started a New Year's Resolution 15 days ago. How are you holding up? Are you still continuing on this path? Have you quit? Well the Lord has revealed to me recently about those times I have Quit in my life. Are you a quitter? I am talking about those that have quit a job, those that have quit on a relationship, those that have quit a Church, those that have quit their New Year's Resolution. Have you ran away from something that you truly love because of an awkward comment, something small that you didn't like, or maybe it was just too hard? Yep, that is me. It is so easy to walk away and not look back just because I didn't like something. But is it really? At first it starts with freedom but then what do you feel? hurt, disconnected, lonely, ashamed, reckless, impulsive…the opposite of happiness. Why do we often quit too quickly? Why do we like to run away and hide and hope that people notice that we are gone? We are just setting ourselves up for hurt and more pain.

A few weeks ago I was determined to quit something huge in my life. Something that I love but something that has changed. I had everything planned out and I was ready to walk away. And then BAM the Lord prompted me and Jesse at the same time. What is funny is that we didn't have an opportunity to share it with each other right away! When we had a chance to share what the Lord revealed to each of us at the same time we were amazed and knew that the Holy Spirit had led us to not quit but changed something inside of us. You see sometimes a change isn't all that bad. Sometimes we just need to look at ourselves and see how we can be changed. Romans 12:2 tells us to not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. A transformation from God is what I needed. I am so thankful that I sit before you transformed and I can say that I am not a quitter.

So what can you do? What if you already quit your New Year's Resolution? The best advice I can share is turn your eyes upon Jesus, grab ahold of God's Word, and allow Him to change you. If you already quit your resolution who cares?? Just start again. You can make changes in your life anytime not just on January 1st. On October 6th, 2014 I decided to eat healthy and I didn't look back. What a random day but what a MARVELOUS day because here I type healthy, transformed, and stronger than ever.





No comments:

Post a Comment