Monday, March 9, 2015

Tapping my Foot to the sound



Have you ever heard the audible voice of God? Do you know what He even sounds like?  I have been reminded lately that I need to recognize God's voice. Recently, a friend shared about those times when you answer your phone and the person on the other end talks and it is apparent that they know you, but you have no clue who they are. You probably pretend you know them because you don't want to hurt their feelings. Well when God speaks to you, do you have that same feeling? Do you pretend that you know who is on the other end and play along because you do not want to hurt His feelings or you don't want to be embarrassed? Well did I step on your toes a little, well it stepped on mine that day and I immediately knew that I needed to begin praying for wisdom and discernment and for God's voice. 

Last week I experienced the audible voice of God. I am amazed that only after a few weeks of praying this that the Lord decided to reveal Himself. As I was driving to work in silence the Lord spoke to me clearly and loudly and told me that what I had decided to do was not what He wanted. He wanted me to stay clear on the path that He already laid out for me. When I got to work I opened up my devotional and this is what it said, "Many voices vie for control of your mind, especially when you sit in silence. You must learn to discern what is My voice and what is not. John 10:4 tells us that when He has brought out all His own, He goes on ahead of them, and His sheep follow Him because they know His voice." So after I read this I was reminded that what was said to me earlier was God's voice and it immediately brought me to tears. He spoke to me, He told me exactly what I needed to do, that was the voice of the Lord. So moments after I realized this I went to prayer and I said Lord if this is Your Will then Lord I will step aside and be obedient and let you take control. Instantly I felt God's peace and I fully surrendered it over to the Lord. 


Yesterday in Sunday School, we talked about shepherds and their sheep. I love our little preschoolers, they teach me so much. As we made our little sheep ear headbands we talked about little lambs, shepherds, and the Good Shepherd. I told them that we were going to play a game and three of them immediately said they wanted to be shepherds. I did not explain the rules of the game yet but they knew exactly what they wanted to be. I asked them, "Why do you want to be a shepherd and not a sheep?" They told me because, "they lead and guide and help the sheep and that they wanted to be like Jesus." Wow did this touch my heart! These preschoolers are lambs after God's own heart. How precious! Later during the game, they all wanted to be a shepherd and I found myself saying well you need to be a sheep first and watch the shepherd so you can learn how to be a shepherd. Well isn't that the truth. In order to be like Christ, the Good Shepherd, I need to be a sheep in this flock and watch and learn from Him. So here I am.... a little lamb, I recognize the voice of the Lord. He calls my name...He leads me out... and I will follow Him wherever He wants me to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment