Thursday, February 6, 2014

the fingerprints and "footprints" of God


Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.  -Proverbs 22:6

This was my answer today to the question why do you want to adopt a baby? God spoke through me when I gave that answer. Do you ever speak and wonder was that me speaking???  Well today I knew it was the power of the Holy Spirit. I was covered by the fingerprints of God.

I said it is important to us to begin to instill our faith and values in a baby at a young age so that we can train the child up so he will know where to go.  I then looked behind me and that verse was on a painting on the wall. A masterpiece, a living breathtaking piece of art...What a God moment to be able to speak the Word of God, but to also have it right at our fingertips.  

The rest of our meeting went well.  It was really just a quick meeting to map out the rest of our adoption journey.  From fingerprinting, adoption training courses, interviews, fees, home study, and tons and tons of paperwork.  

Fingerprinting--CHECK

Ok now what is next on my checklist? (Sigh..)  This is going to be alot of work. I am a proactive mega planner and this is something that is outside of my scope of planning. My friends tell me that my planning days will be over soon when a baby is added to my life.  That is something that I will need prayer for... This morning during my quiet time I asked the Lord to help me adjust and to quit planning everything and to allow God to intervene with His plan and do all things in His timing. Please pray with me.

Dear God,

Please rescue me from my addiction of planning.  I surrender all of my life checklists and planners over to you.  Please align them to Your will and give me strength to give up all self-control.  God I trust in You and I love You!  

AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment