Friday, February 14, 2014

finally some "Weight Off My Feet"

Most of our blogs have been about sharing the good news. But today I would like to share some of the challenges that we are going through.  

First challenge-- Do you want to adopt a child with special needs? Wow what a tough question for me.  If I were to get pregnant and if my child had a special need, I would not abort it or give it away. I would take this child in my arms and love it no matter what. But you have to make a decision... prayers and tears.. prayers and tears.. 

Second challenge-- In the event that the adoptive parents die, whom will assume the guardianship role of the children.... Wow again.  There are so many people that have prayed for us, prayed for this child, and whom we love so dear.  But we have to just pick one couple... prayers and tears.. prayers and tears..

Third challenge-- Home visit today.  Do you have a carbon monoxide detector, fire extinguishers and so on?  Also make sure all closets, drawers, and cabinets are cleaned, organized, and baby proofed... Now I love to clean and organize so this was alot of fun, but throw in my CDOness (OCD in ABC order) and you get someone who hasn't slept in a week.   Obsessing over everything including that the entire house is clean top to bottom except for the oven.  I did not clean my oven.  OH MY GOODNESS!! Now you may say Krista why are they going to look in your oven?? They didn't but I KNOW that it is the only thing not clean in my house.  So the compulsive obsessing continues... prayers and tears.. prayers and tears..

Final thought..  someone reminded me this week that it is a good thing that I will not have morning sickness.  This process is emotionally, physically, and spiritually draining. My morning sickness began day one of this adoption process.

Now the good news... I know and believe that God has a plan for each of these challenges and He will make everything beautiful in His time.  -Ecclesiastes 3:11  

So check back in the future because I am sure I will be able to share the good news from these challenges.  Time to clean my oven!!

Home Visit--CHECK.

No comments:

Post a Comment