Thursday, December 5, 2013

take the shackles off my "Feet" so I can dance


This morning as I drove into work one of my favorite songs was on the radio.

My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy reigns
Unending love, amazing grace

Thank you Lord for setting me free and breaking me out of these chains.  For the past six years I have been held in bondage because of my anger with God for not being able to have kids.  I allowed the fear and doubt to consume my life.  Even though Jesse was in remission and he was healed, I wasn’t. I knew I loved God and I loved Jesse and I thanked God for sparing Jesse’s life, but having this void in my heart took years to heal.  After Jesse’s extensive treatment was over, we decided to elope and get married.  Even though at that time it seemed rushed, it was the best decision I made.  See I am not very romantic and I like things very simple, so this was perfect for me.  I would not have had it any other way.   

But year’s passed and the void remained… I still felt at a loss not being able to have kids.  Mother’s Days and Father’s Days would pass and I would allow myself to remain behind closed doors because I was unable to face what the world was celebrating.  It took until this last year before I could fully embrace why….. until I fully surrendered it over to God and trusted that there was a reason.  His hand was molding and shaping each and every part of our lives during these past few years.  God had broken those chains that held my anger and fear and I was free.  Now what?????

Well there are so many kids that need parents and need a home.  We do not need to make our own, because there are kids out there.  We will love them like they are our own.  So guess what…. God is calling us to adopt.  To say that I have overcome all of this would not be correct.  I am in this journey with God, and He is molding and shaping me even today.   Jesse and I covet your prayers as we take you guys on this journey with us.  God is shaping and molding those little hands and feet to add to the Aguirre Family. 
 
1 Samuel 1:27 says for this child I prayed for… 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment