Monday, June 9, 2014

"Stepping into Faith"

Our faith and trust in God is forever tested. From a simple problem in our life to a life altering event such as cancer. 

I can remember 7 years and 2 weeks ago...that was the eve of my first chemotherapy treatment. I was a bit nervous to say the least, but I knew that God was with me. I struggled with fully understanding what the doctors said or what I was supposed to do. What I did know was that our faith in Him could be questioned. Why would He put me through this? Why now? Why me? Those questions are normal to ask. And to a nonbeliever or a fringe Christian this may reinforce why not to fully commit. But I know that God knows what and how much we can actually handle. 


1 Corinthians 10:13 tells us that for no 
temptation (no trial regarded as enticing to sin), [no matter how it comes or where it leads] has overtaken you and laid hold on you that is not common to man [that is, no temptation or trial has come to you that is beyond human resistance and that is not adjusted and adapted and belonging to human experience, and such as man can bear]. But God is faithful 
[to His Word and to His compassionate nature], and He [can be trusted] not to let you be tempted and tried and assayed beyond your ability and strength of resistance and power to endure, but with the temptation He will [always] also provide the way out (the means of escape to a landing place), that you may be capable and strong and powerful to bear up under it patiently.

He strengthens us during our tribulations. Praise the Lord for giving us His strength in time of need. So God was with me all along even though I didn't know the answers to those questions, God did.  All I needed to do was step in faith and keep my trust in Him and guess what... He got me through it.

Well let's fast forward to 2 weeks go. As time ticked down to our Adoption Yard Sale I began to ask Him questions again and begging for His strength as we pushed towards our first BIG fundraiser. 

We began our yard sale adventure by first coming up with our goal. Krista spoke first of course and said $5,000. I laughed...Actually laughed hard... I said we would get $3,000 if we were lucky. Then we started asking our family and friends to help us gather items for the yard sale.  And oh did they give :)

 After all items were collected the fun part began. The set up.. Krista gathered the troops and set shifts for our friends to come out and help. We even had family and friends spend the night. We woke up at 4 am yup 4 am to begin the prep work. It took almost 2 1/2 hours to get things out of the house and the garage and another 1 hour to stage the items. If it wasn't for Cheri and Krista's OCD (CDO) organizational skills it could have taken us weeks to get these items out and organized. 

Like Monk always says,"It is a blessing and a curse." This time it was a true blessing.


We were in awe and so thankful for the friends and family members that came out and helped us sell tons of items (non of which were our own). Literally ALL of the items were donated and we didn't have room to pull out our things to sell. To God be the Glory. 

At the end of the day, we made it through and we actually hit Krista's mark. Not only did we hit it, but we exceeded it because funds are still trickling in. So God must have had another goal. I am still in awe. I still do not fully understand why or how God blesses people, all I know is He does. He laughs at our plans and replaces them with His plans. All I did was stepped in faith and trusted in God.  We just need to be open to God's guidance to fully see His results. 


’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
And to know, “Thus saith the Lord!”

1 comment: